ARCHIVED 3 November 2021 – no longer active. Posted: 17 August 2021
The American Center of Research, an American nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan past and present, seeks a Human Resources Manager. The position is expected to be full-time (though well qualified part-time candidates will be considered) and will be located at our center in Amman, Jordan. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
ACOR’s primary activities include hosting a comprehensive academic fellowship program, administering a small hostel, and implementing cultural resource and humanities projects. The center in Amman serves as a vibrant meeting and living place for international academics and students working on research, education, and training, and it hosts a major library as well as regular lectures and outreach activities.
ACOR seeks to hire an HR professional to serve as the primary point of contact for virtually all employee-related issues for its staff of approximately 40 people, including Americans, Jordanians, and other nationalities.
- Nurture a positive, engaging, and productive working environment.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall organizational strategy.
- Support current and future organizational needs through the recruitment, development, engagement, motivation, and retainment of quality staff.
- Draft, implement, and educate staff about HR policies, as well as relevant labor laws and policies.
- Manage pension and benefits administration.
- Orient and on-board new staff.
- Draft contracts, renewals, and dismissals.
- Manage annual performance-review process.
- Manage vacation/holiday and timekeeping (currently via Work Time Pro).
- Manage and maintain employee handbook, employee records, and related documents.
- Confidentially receive and address employee concerns.
- Perform employment/reference verification and background checks.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Organize annual employee events, celebrations, and opinion surveys.
- Support reception during coverage lapses.
- Maintaining organizational compliance with local regulations.
- Assist supervisors in identifying training needs and opportunities for staff.
- Provide administrative support, including scanning confidential documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent active listening, negotiating, and presenting skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (after university) in an HR capacity with an international entity required; 10 years or more preferred.
- University degree.
- Knowledge of Jordanian and American best practices in HR matters.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic is desired.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for two references, current/most recent salary, and current resume to email@example.com. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. This position includes benefits, such as social security/retirement, health insurance, paid annual vacation, and holidays. Salary will be based on experience.
Review of applications will begin August 30, 2021, and continue until filled.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment.
ACOR is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.