Planning a short-term study tour to the Middle East for students or faculty?
The American Center is your ideal home base in Jordan.
Newly renovated in 2021/2022, the Center is a pleasant, secure location tailored for housing international meetings, scholars, students, educational programs or workshops and their participants.
Here are the basics of what the Center has to offer:
- Affordable accommodation in the residential section, where the per-person rate includes breakfast and lunch
- High speed wireless internet throughout the building
- Air conditioning in all rooms
- An small on-site gym
- For rent, a large, A/V-equipped classroom to comfortably hold closed-door workshops or seminars for groups up to thirty people
Guests in the residence stay in comfortable rooms, each with a private bathroom, and live in the facility in an independent fashion.
Guests also have 24-hour access to our Library, which contains over 45,000 volumes and periodicals.
“The facilities are first class, the environment is very collegial,Jim Wright, Westmont University
the interface with users is strong and supportive, and
the pricing is very reasonable (and the food is excellent too!)”
Additional assistance The American Center can provide, if requested:
- Connecting your group to Jordanian travel companies to successfully organize all aspects of your program around Jordan and the region
- Identifying and securing local experts as guest speakers on a range of topics
- Arranging private and group Arabic language tutoring at whatever level of ability
- Helping to obtain visas for specific program participants (if required)
“Staff were excellent and very helpful to our students.John Macfarlane, Utah Valley University
We plan to stay at ACOR every time we are in Jordan”
We take pride in our role of expanding knowledge, helping to advance new research, and enabling students and faculty from all backgrounds to gain meaningful, on-the-ground abroad experience in the Middle East.
“I absolutely would recommend to other groups to stay at the hostel.”Kate McClellan, Fulbright-Hayes scholar , Mississippi State University
Planning a trip to Jordan? Plan to stay at the The American Center’s Residence…
- See our rates for students and scholars. Half-board included
- Download “Welcome to ACOR” to learn more about the facility in Amman and the environment around it.
- Contact us for more information
- Make a reservation for yourself or for your group