- You may visit our website without being required to volunteer any information.
- When information is requested, by entering your information, you agree to the collection, use and retention of the data by ACOR.
- ACOR receives, collects, and stores any information you enter on our website or that we receive through browser cookies.
- If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this site.
II. Information Collected
1. Volunteered: To sign up for ACOR’s website, we may ask for personal data such as your name, mailing address, and email address.
2. Cookies: ACOR’s website makes use of browser cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies collect usage details, IP addresses, and other information about how users interact with ACOR’s website. This information is used to compile reports including the number of users who visit the site, where the users access from and what pages they visit. When the users revisits the site, ACOR may recognize them by a cookie and may customize the user experience accordingly. When the users performs a search within the website, ACOR may record information identifying them or linking them to the search performed.
III. Why the Information is Gathered
All the data collected is used by ACOR to provide information to you, including newsletters, blogs, grant and fellowship announcements, and event notifications. The information is also used to determine who is accessing our website, the duration of any visit and which pages are viewed in order to assess and improve user experience and help write reports to the ACOR Board and U.S. government agencies including Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) and National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH).
IV. Disclosures to Third Parties
ACOR discloses personal information to the following third parties.
- Third Party Providers: ACOR uses third party providers to facilitate our services to our visitors, to provide maintenance services for the website, and to assist us in analyzing how our service is used. Currently ACOR uses the web host WPEngine; WordPress to develop the website; MailPoet to mass email; Stripe to process online credit card payments; Google Analytics to analyze and report website activity; and Digital ReLab to manage digital content collections. These vendors may collect IP addresses assigned to you on the date you visit the site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine it with personally identifiable information. For more information, you may want to review privacy terms and policies of each vendor:
- Legal, Regulatory, Grant Making Entities: ACOR may disclose personal data as we deem necessary to respond to requests from public, governmental, regulatory, and foundation entities.
- Commercial Purposes: Personal information provided to ACOR will never be sold or disclosed for commercial purposes.
ACOR retains personal data only for as long as necessary for our legitimate purposes.
You can update and correct your data by being in touch directly with ACOR. If you want to see the information we have collected on you, please contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org