Note: This page has been archived on 20 December 2020. For updated information about active job searches, please see acorjordan.org/careers.
4 November 2020
ACOR, a non-profit dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan past and present, seeks an Accountant. This is a new full-time position at our center in Amman, Jordan. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will primarily perform data entry of accounting vouchers, tracing, reviewing ledgers, and data analysis.
ACOR’s core activities include a comprehensive academic fellowship program and cultural resource management projects. The center in Amman serves as a meeting and living place for academics working on research, education, and training, and hosts a major library as well as regular lectures and outreach activities.
- Responsible of data entry of accounting vouchers, tracing, reviewing ledgers and data analysis. Other duties as assigned. Work closely with the ACOR senior accountant and the CFO.
- Responsible of data entry of vouchers on the accounting software or sheets
- Responsible for payroll processing, entries and follow up
- Managing income and expenditure accounts and bookkeeping ledgers
- Other tasks may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (BA) in accounting or related. Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with accounting software and data entry
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
- Not-for-profit fund accounting experience and prior work with USAID grants or projects is desired.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic is desired.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for two references, and current CV or resume to email@example.com. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. This is a full-time position (1.0 FTE), with benefits. The salary is 450 JD monthly. Review of applications will begin November 22 2020, and continue until filled.
ACOR is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.