Now Hiring: Data Entry Specialists
Note: This page has been archived on 1 April 2023. For updated information about active job searches, please see acorjordan.org/careers.
The American Center of Research, a nonprofit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan and the interconnected region, past and present, seeks at least two Data Entry Specialists, for its collaborative effort to help develop and populate a national object database for the Kingdom of Jordan. This multi-year project is undertaken in partnership with Jordan’s Department of Antiquities. The position is resident in Amman, Jordan, and intended to assist the organization in its continued growth. The position is expected to be 1.0 FTE (full-time).
The candidate should be an excellent problem-solver and communicator, experienced in data manipulation. Ideally, the candidate should have experience dealing with cultural heritage databases and collection management systems.
- Assist with system monitoring for any issues with performance and security.
- Data entry for either or both Arabic and English language data.
- Respond to user-reported errors in a timely manner.
- Participate with the backup and restoration process to protect from data loss.
- Report on metrics around usage and performance.
- Suggest changes and improvements for database maintenance or protection.
- Regularly liaise with Project Co-Directors and the software vendor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Any combination of relevant education and experience will be considered. In all cases, the following are required:
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in data entry beyond college graduation. A combination of graduate education and work experience is acceptable and should be explained in the cover letter.
- Relevant IT skills.
- Previous experience in heritage and museum data entry is preferred.
- A demonstrated capacity for the timely completion of complex tasks is required.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for three references, and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be contacted directly by us, as needed. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. The American Center of Research contributes to social security/retirement and provides health, life, and dental insurance, annual paid vacation, holidays, and other benefits. Total compensation will be in the range of 14000JD annually. All nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The expected start date is March 2023. Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to employment.
The American Center of Research is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law. The American Center of Research is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in employment for individuals with disabilities.
Posted 24 January 2023