Now Hiring: Assistant Director Communications & Events
This job post was archived on 26 February 2023.
The American Center of Research, a nonprofit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan and the interconnected region, past and present, seeks an assistant or associate director to lead a portfolio of educational, event, outreach, communication, and other public-facing functions. The position is resident in Amman, Jordan, and intended to assist the organization in its continued growth. The position is expected to be at least 0.5 FTE (half-time), with a strong preference for 1.0 FTE (full-time).
This position requires a candidate to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community driven. Someone equipped with a positive attitude and thought of by others as a “people person” is an ideal candidate.
- Leading a major initiative to see the organization become a college credit-granting institution in the U.S.
- Drafting the organization’s annual report.
- Drafting new and revising institutional policies.
- Serving as fellows’ point of contact in Jordan.
- Supervising relevant staff and volunteers.
- Maintaining a calendar of outreach activities, including the annual lecture series, community events, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Ensuring coverage for events and preparing short summaries with photographs.
- Organizing the dissemination of and/or assisting in the production of project outreach and communication materials.
- Creating new outreach and engagement materials and opportunities, as needed.
- Overseeing all organizational social media.
- Implementing planning, design, development, and management of strategic (and at times sensitive) initiatives.
- Overseeing contact databases and their scheduled use.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Any combination of relevant education and experience will be considered. In all cases, the following are required:
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience beyond college graduation. A combination of graduate education and work experience is acceptable and should be explained in the cover letter.
- A demonstrated capacity for the timely completion of complex tasks is required.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Some capacity in Arabic is required, with a strong preference for both written and spoken fluency.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for three references, and current resume to email@example.com. References will be contacted directly by us, as needed. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Total compensation (e.g., including salary and all benefits) will be in the range of US$65,000 to $80,000, annualized at 1.0 FTE. The American Center of Research contributes to social security/retirement, provides health, life, and dental insurance, annual paid vacation, holidays, and other benefits. All nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is January or February 2023. Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to employment.
The American Center of Research is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law. The American Center of Research is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in employment for individuals with disabilities
Posted 29 December 2022