Now Hiring: Administrative Assistant-AUIB
For more information please visit: https://www.auib.edu.iq/Jobs/Index/342
This full-time (1.0 FTE) position, resident in Baghdad, Iraq, is intended to assist in implementing and growing the collaboration between the American Center of Research (ACOR) and the American University in Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB).
This position requires a candidate to be self-motivated, outgoing, and community driven. Someone equipped with a positive attitude, thought of by others as a “people person” and with a readiness to engage and serve others is an ideal candidate. The position will report to an ACOR staff member based in Amman, Jordan.
- Promote opportunities for engagement/experiences between and among ACOR and AUIB and provide administrative and logistical support to realize such.
- Conduct informational meetings and presentations on campus for the AUIB community of staff, students, and faculty, to help grow the understanding of ACOR and related opportunities in Jordan.
- Support the organization of trips between Amman and Baghdad for interested parties.
- Engage in outreach and communication with the AUIB community to connect and familiarize the community with the American Center of Research’s mission and activities.
- Maintain positive working relationships with members, community partners, and stakeholders for both ACOR and AUIB.
- Plan, organize, and manage marketing campaigns, promotional events, and projects from conception through to completion.
- Report on all activities as needed.
- Assist in developing informational and/or promotional materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
An undergraduate degree is required, but it may be in any field; ideally, Public Relations or Business Administration, but anyone with relevant experience will be considered.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience beyond college, working in some capacity that requires public engagement on behalf of the organization or project.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with online meeting software (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams).
- A demonstrated capacity for the timely completion of complex tasks.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Some capacity in Arabic is strongly preferred, but not required.
- International travel between Jordan and Iraq will occasionally be needed; ability to do so is essential.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter addressing the requirements of the position.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of Passport Data information page.
- References (contact details) for up to three individuals who are familiar with your work.
- Copies of all formal academic degrees and certificates.
- Copies of your Transcripts.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: email@example.com
You MUST put the position title in the Subject line.
If an applicant has any relatives working at AUIB this must be disclosed in writing in the cover letter.
If you have not heard back from us after 3 weeks, it means that your application was not successful.