***This page is no longer current. This position has been filled as of August 26, 2020.***
Now Hiring: Part-Time Accountant
>> Please view the full position description for complete details (PDF) <<
Review of applications will begin 15 July 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
The American Center of Oriental Research (ACOR), a non-profit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan past and present, seeks an Accountant. This new part-time position is intended to assist the organization in implementing its mission and achieving the points of its strategic plan. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will primarily perform data entry of accounting vouchers, tracing, reviewing ledgers, and data analysis.
ACOR’s main activities include a comprehensive academic fellowship program and cultural resource management projects. The Center in Amman serves as a meeting and living place for academics working on research, education, and training, and hosts a major library as well as regular lectures and outreach activities.
• Responsible of data entry of accounting vouchers, tracing, reviewing legers and data analysis. Other duties as assigned. Work closely with the ACOR senior accountant and the CFO.
• Responsible of data entry of vouchers on the accounting software or sheets
• Responsible for payroll processing, entries and follow up
• Managing income and expenditure accounts and bookkeeping ledgers
• Other Accounting tasks that can be assigned when needed
Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree (BA) in accounting. Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with accounting software and data entry
• Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
• Not-for-Profit fund accounting experience and prior work with USAID grants or projects is desirable
• Written and spoken fluency in Arabic and English is required.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest as a PDF, names and contact information for two references, and current CV or resume to email@example.com. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. This position will be filled as soon as the selected candidate accepts.
This is a part-time position (20 hours per week). The salary is 300 JD monthly.
ACOR is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.