Now Hiring: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The American Center of Research, a nonprofit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan and the interconnected region, past and present, seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist for a collaborative effort with the government of Jordan to help develop and populate a national object database. This multi-year project is undertaken in partnership with Jordan’s Department of Antiquities. This full-time (1.0 FTE) position, is grant funded and resident in Amman, Jordan. The position is intended to assist the organization in the implementation of its mission and work toward future growth.
- Support the project Co-Directors with the development and implementation of the M&E Plan for the project, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, data management, and compiling M&E and performance monitoring reports.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures.
- Conduct data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and results are audit worthy.
- Evaluate project activities and ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project.
- Report on all project activities as needed.
- Oversee data collection and dissemination in appropriate formats.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Anyone with sufficient relevant experience will be considered. Formal M&E training or work experience beyond the undergraduate level is required. In all cases, the following is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus. An advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics is preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities on international development projects, work experience is accepted and should be explained in the cover letter.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and submit quality reports (references should attest to this).
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required; conversational Arabic will make for a stronger candidacy, but Arabic is not required.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for two references, and current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be contacted directly by us, as needed. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. The American Center of Research contributes to social security/retirement and provides health, life, and dental insurance, annual paid vacation, holidays, and other benefits. Total compensation (salary, insurance, retirement, etc.) to be in the range of $25,000 annually.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin October 1st and continue until the position is filled. The expected start date is December 2023. Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to employment.
The American Center of Research is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Posted 14 September 2023