Now Hiring: Financial Manager
This page was archived on 16 October 2022. For information on active employment opportunities today, please visit acorjordan.org/careers.
Review of applications will begin August 8th, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
The American Center of Research, a nonprofit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan and the interconnected region, past and present, seeks a Financial Manager for a multi-year externally funded grant project. The position is full-time (1.0 FTE) and resident in Amman, Jordan. Fluency in written and spoken English is required, as is demonstrated capacity in QuickBooks.
The position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer but has considerable autonomy over the financial management of a multi-million-dollar project. Position will supervise at least one accountant. With demonstrated ability to manage the work, additional responsibilities and complexities will be added in time. The ideal candidate will be mid-career or later; this is not an entry-level position.
- Ensures that all activities are compliant with relevant internal and external policies, procedures, best practices, and requirements;
- Prepares and submits annual, monthly, and other periodic reports;
- Prepares detailed analyses of project financial performance;
- Manages project finance activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines;
- Provides project management and program staff with regular actual-to-budget expenditure reports and analysis for project funds and facilitates the review and discussion;
- Ensures that account reconciliations are completed on time and reviews final reconciliations and trial balances with the CFO;
- Closely monitors all financial activities of the project(s) and keeps the CFO and project manager proactively advised of all situations that have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance;
- Maintains current knowledge of government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements;
- Develops and implements a training program for the project’s finance staff;
- Supervises all project office-bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest, and currency exchange rates;
- Designs, implements, and monitors the systems, procedures, and reporting necessary to maintain on a current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending, including commitments entered into and that obligate projects to future spending;
- Assists with the preparation and revision of project budgets;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least ten years’ relevant experience is required; a combination of formal education and demonstrable work experience is accepted and should be explained in the cover letter.
- A demonstrated capacity for the timely completion of complex tasks is required.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software and data entry in Excel and QuickBooks.
- Proven accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Not-for-profit fund accounting and prior work with U.S. federally funded grants is desired.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Capacity in Arabic is not required but is desirable.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for three references, and current resume to email@example.com. References will be contacted directly by us, as needed. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Salary will be based on experience. The American Center of Research contributes to social security/retirement, provides health, life, and dental insurance, annual paid vacation, holidays, and other benefits.
Review of applications will begin August 8th, 2022, and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is late September or October 2022.
Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to employment.
The American Center of Research is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Posted 24 July 2022