Now Hiring: Field Archaeologist and Trainer
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The American Center of Research, a nonprofit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan and the interconnected region, past and present, seeks a Field Archaeologist and Trainer for its collaborative effort to help develop trainings to engage and support the DoA and local communities as related to SCHEP initiatives, especially the Amman Citadel project. This position will be a service agreement/consultant-based contract, but is expected to require an equivalent of full-time effort, located primarily in Amman.
- Support ACOR’s archaeological projects.
- Training governmental staff and graduate students on modern techniques in archaeological work.
- Engaging the local community.
- Coordinating with fieldwork representatives of the relevant authorities.
- Preparation of the required samples for scientific analysis.
- Preparing articles for scientific publication.
Qualifications and Experience:
Anyone with sufficient experience will be considered. A post-graduate degree in archaeology or a directly related field is required; at least a master’s degree is strongly preferred. In all cases, the following are required:
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience is required; a combination of formal education and demonstrable work experience is accepted and should be explained in the cover letter.
- Significant prior archaeological field experience.
- A demonstrated capacity for the timely completion of complex tasks is required.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Capacity in Arabic is not required but is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to teach/train.
The successful candidate will be required to represent the work in varied public, private, governmental, and academic venues and must be able to articulate the American Center’s values and mission. Demonstrated experience working with varied stakeholders, including scholars, government officials, and the public, is important and should be spoken to by references (if asked).
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for two references, and current resume or CV to email@example.com. References will be contacted directly by us, as needed. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is October 2022. Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to employment.
The American Center of Research is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Posted 13 September 2022