Now Hiring: Event & Outreach Coordinator
This post has been archived on 11 December 2022.
The American Center of Research, a nonprofit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan and the interconnected region, past and present, seeks an Event & Outreach Coordinator. This full-time (1.0 FTE) position, resident in Amman, Jordan, is intended to assist the organization in the implementation of its mission and work toward future growth
This position requires a candidate to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven to take on this exciting role. Someone equipped with a positive attitude, though of by others as “a people person”, with a readiness to engage others is an ideal candidate.
- Maintains a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Provides coverage for all ACOR’s events and prepare short summaries of proceedings and photographs with captions.
- Ensures the availability and assist in the production of project outreach and communication materials.
- Creates new outreach and engagement materials and opportunities.
- Implements planning, design, development, and management of strategic, at times sensitive, communication projects and initiatives.
- Monitors and documents the nature and extent of various community relations activities.
- Performs in-depth research and analysis on specific issues as assigned; develops and prepares comprehensive communications and/or reports based on analysis and interpretation of issues.
- Participates in strategic planning, and manages and coordinates the development, implementation, and completion of special projects related to internal and/or external communications and/or public relations initiatives; facilitates strategic advertising in various local media outlets.
- Plans and coordinates special events such as open houses, community events, meetings, and/or tours.
- Oversees the maintenance of comprehensive contact databases.
- Assists in the production of communication materials, such as snapshots (success stories), news stories, activity reports, and periodic accomplishment reports, as well as other publications
- Assist in the communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Any combination of relevant education and experience will be considered. An undergraduate degree in Public Relations or a directly related field is required. In all cases, the following are required:
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience beyond college is required in event management, communications, and outreach. A demonstrable work experience is accepted and should be explained in the cover letter.
- A demonstrated capacity for the timely completion of complex tasks is required.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Some capacity in Arabic is required; strong preference for both written and spoken fluency.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for two references, and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be contacted directly by us, as needed. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Salary will be based on experience. The American Center of Research contributes to social security/retirement, provides health, life, and dental insurance, annual paid vacation, holidays, and other benefits.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is January 2023. Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to employment.
The American Center of Research is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Posted 14 November 2022