Now Hiring: Archaeological and Preservation Projects Supervisor
This position has been archived as of 14 November 2022. For updated information about active job searches, please see acorjordan.org/careers
The American Center of Research, a nonprofit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan and the interconnected region, past and present, seeks an Archaeological and Preservation Projects Supervisor. This new full-time (1.0 FTE) position, resident in Amman, Jordan, is intended to assist the organization in the implementation of its mission and work toward future growth.
The position reports to the Associate Director and will supervise the timely completion of up to three disparate archaeological site improvement projects. The position requires significant travel within Jordan, with projects expected to be in Aqaba, Ma’an, and Irbid areas.
- Managing research, fieldwork, and scheduling.
- Engaging in the preparation of reports (especially for Jordanian governmental entities and peer-reviewed publications).
- Providing outreach and instruction in archaeological and heritage preservation methods to varied audiences of all ages, nationalities, and abilities.
- Conducting or overseeing site works.
- Developing and maintaining a cultural resource information base for the field.
- Performing archival research, testing, and evaluation.
- Maintaining inventories.
- Making presentations to the public, at workshops and other venues.
- Completing field forms, drawing sketch maps, and preparing the plan and profile view field drawings.
- Consulting with the project team about laws and regulations concerning cultural resource issues
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
An undergraduate degree in archaeology or a directly related field is required; a postgraduate degree (at least a master’s degree) is strongly preferred. In all cases, the following are required:
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience beyond college is required in archaeological or heritage, fields; a combination of formal post-graduate education and demonstrable work experience is accepted and should be explained in the cover letter.
- A demonstrated capacity for the timely completion of complex tasks is required and submit quality reports.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Capacity in Arabic is not required but is desirable.
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, names and contact information for three references, and current resume to email@example.com. References will be contacted directly by us, as needed. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Salary will be based on experience. The American Center of Research contributes to social security/retirement, provides health, life, and dental insurance, annual paid vacation, holidays, and other benefits. All Nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is October 2022. Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to employment.
The American Center of Research is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Posted 19 Sep 2022