Now Hiring: Administrative Assistant
Note: This page has been archived on 18 September 2022. For updated information about active job searches, please see acorjordan.org/careers.
The American Center of Research, a nonprofit institution dedicated to advancing knowledge of Jordan and the interconnected region, past and present, seeks an Administrative Assistant. This position is temporary, lasting from September 2022 through January 2023, and requires a physical presence in Amman, Jordan. The position holder is primarily intended to assist the organization in facilitating office and administrative work.
The Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include:
· Welcoming and escorting the Center’s guests, receiving and transferring all calls, and responding to general inquiries.
· Maintaining a level of professionalism in communication with the Center’s staff, Fellows, and guests.
· Supporting and scanning documents for the Accounting office.
· Pass payments to suppliers.
· Monitoring and controlling visitor access when required.
· Receiving, sorting, and routing of mail and faxes.
· Responsible for ordering, receiving, and managing stationery supplies and their inventory.
· Maintaining the Stationery Inventory Log accurately updated at all times.
· Maintaining a safe and clean reception area that reflects an appropriate image of the Center.
· Carrying out other duties that the supervisor considers necessary and appropriate to maintain or improve the operational efficiency of the Center.
· Managing general information contacts.
· Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
· A Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
· 2-3 years of experience in a similar function.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please send a letter of interest as a PDF, names and contact information for two references, and a current CV or resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The American Center of Research is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to employment.